|The Nursing Team have a wide range of skills and expertise to offer patients within the Health Centre. As well as providing routine dressings, testing etc, nurses are available to offer advice and information on a range of health matters including health promotion/dermatology/travel health / smoking cessation and counselling.|
With the doctors, the Nurse Team assist patients in managing chronic diseases such as asthma, diabetes, COPD, epilepsy and testing for anti-rheumatic and anti-coagulant monitoring. Partnership with patients is key in disease management, and the nurses provide a relaxed, high quality, confidential service that encourages patients to attend on an annual or more regular basis to ensure compliance and good health.
Remember, it is not always necessary to see a doctor, nurses can provide information, advice and treatment for a range of healthcare needs. Please ask our receptionists who will be able to advise you.
In addition, appointments are available with the nurse team for any of the following. Please contact our receptionists and let them know what you require, and they will be happy to direct you to the appropriate nurse.
* Treatment room - dressings, blood and urine testing, post-operative care, removal of
suture/staples, ear syringing, routine vaccination, general health checks;
* Assessment and management of chronic disease, including asthma, diabetes, as well as acute episodes; hypertension;
* Cervical screening;
* Travel advice and vaccination programmes;
* Consultation for minor ailments and injury and prescribing of repeat contraceptive pill;
* Assessment and management of common skin conditions (eczema, acne, benign skin lesions);