During the COVID-19 pandemic to help with reduced staffing we will be restricting access to the building
We will open the building daily from
9am to 12.30pm
3pm to 5pm for Prescription collection only
The building will be closed 12.30 to 3pm
Our phone cover will operate as normal between 8.30am to 6pm.
COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)
OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT GUIDANCE - CORONAVIRUS
If you suspect you have coronavirus:
- PLEASE DO NOT BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
- PLEASE DO NOT COME TO SURGERY
- Please stay at home and phone the surgery for advice
- Do not use public transport or taxis
- Do not go to work, school or public places
- Do not just present yourself to any GP surgery or hospital without seeking advice first
The staff in the surgery DO NOT HAVE any Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for dealing with a COVID-19 patient and we are unable to perform testing for the virus.
Why Can I Not Come to the Practice?
WE ARE NOT EQUIPPED TO HANDLE CORONAVIRUS
- Coronavirus is classed as an 'airborne high consequence infectious disease'
- On January 31, 2020, WHO declared coronavirus as a 'public health emergency of international concern
- On February 10, 2020, the British government declared coronavirus a 'serious and imminent threat to public health
- On March 3, 2020, NHS England declared coronavirus a level 4 incident - the highest level of emergency preparedness planning
- GP surgeries are not properly equipped to handle such cases as you will need specialist testing and care
- We do not have any personal protective equipment required to deal with a suspected case of Coronavirus COVID-19
- By turning up at surgery, you risk the surgery being placed into a state of lockdown and you will be putting yourself and others at risk. This cannot be stressed enough
- PLEASE DO NOT BOOK AN APPOINTMENT WITH US
- PLEASE DO NOT COME TO SURGERY
- PLEASE PHONE THE SURGERY ON (028) 90664634
- Public Health Agency Coronavirus website - https://www.publichealth.hscni.net/news/covid-19-coronavirus
Welcome to The University Health Centre at Queen's.
The University Health Centre at Queen's is a General practice that provides both student-focused and general National Health services. We also provide University-funded, non-NHS services, for students of Queen’s.
Our dedicated team of doctors and nurses have extensive experience in the health needs of young adults with special interests in sports medicine, mental health, sexual health including family planning, travel and health promotion. We are a friendly team, who understand University life. Our aim is to provide a high quality health care for all our patients.
This surgery website is used to provide all our patients with up-to-date news and information about our practice. We will keep it up-to-date with any developments or other details that we feel are relevant to you.
Following feedback we are changing how we manage our appointments system. We will be operating a two week rolling release of routine appointments with our doctors.
In addition we have phone access to a Duty Doctor for urgent on the day medical queries from 8.30am to 11am.
We also have a Doctor who will deal with medical emergencies both morning and afternoon.
Please note that our reception closes from 12.30 to 1.30 each day.
We provide Travel advice appointments throughout the year.
To make an appointment phone 028 90664634.
Visit us on Facebook
(Site updated 30/03/2020)